We are a fit2fit approved training provider, the fit2fit approval scheme requires the course content to be submitted to fit2fit so it can be scrutinised to ensure that what is being delivered is fully compliant with the HSE’s guidance and protocols.
Our Face Fit Train the Tester Courses are:
- Fit2Fit Approved, we are 1 of only 5 companies in the UK to be approved for qualitative & quantitative face fit testing training (August 2020).
- Delivered by experienced instructors who are also Fit2Fit accredited face fit testers.
- A Full Days Training Course, it is not possible to deliver this course properly as a half day course.
- Train you to the highest possible standards.
- Provide you with a PowerPoint presentation, which tells you exactly what to do and what to say during the face fit test.
- Provide you with a resource pack to enable you to run your own face fit testing successfully.
- Provide you with on-going support where required after your training course.
- Comply with Government COVID Secure Guidance (if the training is on your site then suitable facilities will need to be provided).
Qualitative Face Fit Testing method:
A qualitative face fit test is a simple taste test that can be used to test disposable or reusable half mask respirators only.
The qualitative face fit testing kits are relatively cheap (£135 + VAT) and can be bought from us at the time of booking.
If want to test full face masks then these must be tested via the quantitative method.
Due to the coronavirus we have had to make significant changes in how we conduct our face fit testing train the tester course on site at our customers premises.
Only a maximum of 4 trainees per course.
The room provided has to be large enough for the instructor plus 4 people to allow for social distancing and to allow for the setting up of the equipment. If the room isn’t big enough then we will reduce the number of trainees accordingly.
The room requires natural ventilation and access to clean drinking water is also required.
Attendees will always be expected to practice safe social distancing during the testing session.
Where social distancing cannot be maintained due to the needs of the job then face coverings (masks) will be used to minimise the risk and will be done for the shortest amount of time possible.
All masks for your staff need to be supplied by you, our testers will bring their own masks and gloves with them.
Want us to come and do your face fit testing for you?
Why not visit our face fit testing page for more information.
Training can be conducted on your site/premises anywhere in the UK for 1 – 4 trainees – subject to specific room requirements.
Alternatively, we run open courses where you can book 1 or more places on a public course – see our upcoming events list.
All our courses include a resource pack.
If you need to answer the question where can I learn to be a face fit tester? or how to do face fit testing? then we can help.
If you are looking for a train the trainer course, sadly this course does not exist.
In order to be qualified to teach others to conduct face fit testing first of all you must attend a train the tester course like ours and be trained up by a qualified professional.
Then you need to gain knowledge, experience and become fit2fit accredited then you would be able to train others to conduct face fit testing.
By attending a train the tester course you will be able to conduct face fit testing on others.