We are Fit2Fit Accredited for both Quantitative APC (AccuFIT9000 or TSI Portacount) & Qualitative (Taste Test) Face Fit Testing.
Our Face Fit Testing Service:
- Conducted by experienced, competent fit2fit accredited face fit testers.
- Accredited for both quantitative and qualitative face fit testing methods.
- On your site anywhere in the UK.
- We can supply masks, visit our online shop.
- We can provide fit2fit approved training to your staff to conduct your own face fit testing.
- Provide access to a free online RPE training webinar (anybody who wears a mask has to be trained).
Do you want to learn to conduct your own face fit testing? Please visit our train the tester page.
Both are valid and approved methods for testing and each method has its uses and limitations.
Qualitative Face Fit Testing method:
A simple taste test that can be used to test disposable or reusable half mask respirators only.
The qualitative face fit test is a subjective test, we are relying on an honest response from the test subject and their ability to detect a taste.
Quantitative Face Fit Testing (APC method):
Can be used on all respirator types, full face, reusable half masks and disposables.
The test requires the use of an ambient particle counting device (AccuFIT9000 or TSI PortaCount) this is an objective test, we are not relying on any input from the test subject, the machine determines the pass or fail.
Anybody who wears Respiratory Protective Equipment (even disposable masks) requires training, the responsibility for this is the employers.
To help you meet your legal obligations on training we will provide you with access to an online webinar which needs to be watched by everybody who requires a face fit test and particular attention should be paid to the donning and doffing procedures.
We can test all types of tight fitting Respiratory Protective Equipment:
Full-face mask respirators, SCBA, re-usable half masks, disposable masks etc.