Our face fit train the tester open courses are fit2fit approved and conducted by one of our competent fit2fit accredited testers at one of our training venues.
Our Face Fit Train the Tester Courses are:
- Fit2Fit Approved, we are 1 of only 5 companies in the UK to be approved for qualitative & quantitative face fit testing training (August 2020).
- Delivered by experienced instructors who are also Fit2Fit accredited face fit testers.
- A Full Days Training Course, it is not possible to deliver this course properly as a half day course.
There are many providers who offer face fit testing train the tester courses but to what standards?
When choosing a face fit tester then only ever choose a fit2fit accredited face fit tester and make sure that you check the fit2fit register to make sure that they are accredited in the type of testing that they are providing.
If somebody is fit2fit accredited it means that they are accredited for face fit testing not for training and their training courses have not undergone any level of scrutiny to ensure that the content is fully compliant with the HSE’s guidance and protocols.
When choosing a course it is only fit2fit approved training companies and NOT fit2fit accredited face fit testers that have proved that their course content is up to the required standards of the HSE.
- Train you to the highest possible standards.
- Provide you with a PowerPoint presentation, which tells you exactly what to do and what to say during the face fit test (qualitative only).
- Provide you with a resource pack to enable you to run your own face fit testing successfully.
- Provide you with on-going support where required after your training course.
- Comply with Government COVID Secure Guidance (if the training is on your site then suitable facilities will need to be provided).
Qualitative Face Fit Testing method:
A qualitative face fit test is a simple taste test that can be used to test disposable or reusable half mask respirators only.
The qualitative face fit testing kits are relatively cheap (£135 + VAT) and can be bought from us at the time of booking.
Quantitative Face Fit Testing (APC method):
A quantitative face fit test can be used on all respirator types, full face, reusable half masks and disposables.
The test requires the use of an ambient particle counting device (TSI PortaCount) and these machines cost in the region of £6500 +VAT (we can supply these if required).
These courses are aimed at individuals or companies who require one or two people to be trained to complete their own in-house face fit testing.
Due to the coronavirus we have had to make significant changes in how we conduct our face fit testing train the tester course.
COVID Secure training:
- Only a maximum of 4 trainees per training course.
- All surfaces & equipment are thoroughly cleaned with antiviral cleaners.
- Minimal sharing of equipment.
- Hand sanitiser is provided.
- Individual buffet lunches provided (North Yorkshire).
- Attendees will always be expected to practice safe social distancing during the training course.
- Where social distancing cannot be maintained due to the needs of the job then face coverings (masks) will be used to minimise the risk and will be done for the shortest amount of time possible.
Our face fit train the tester courses are fit2fit approved.
The content of our course has been judged to include all aspects of the health and safety executive’s face fitting guidance and protocols.
All our courses include a resource pack.
By attending a train the tester course you will be able to conduct face fit testing on others.
Want us to come and do your face fit testing for you?
Why not visit our face fit testing page for more information.