Our RPE training course is aimed at workers and management involved in the selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) training is an essential part of any effective RPE programme.
RPE at work should:
- Adequately control inhalation exposure to provide the wearer with effective protection;
- Be suitable for the intended use;
- Be CE-marked
- Be used by properly trained people who are supervised;
- Be properly stored, cleaned and checked regularly to ensure it remains effective
Anybody involved in the selection, use or maintenance of respiratory protection requires training.
- Do you know how to select adequate and suitable RPE?
- Are your RPE wearers trained?
- Do you carry out regular maintenance checks and keep records for reusable RPE?
- Have you carried out respirator face fit testing?
Our RPE course will cover the respiratory hazards, types of respiratory equipment, the potential health effects, limitations of equipment, fit testing, what can potentially go wrong with the equipment, and how to check, clean and store equipment.
Delivered by one of our fit2fit accredited testers/instructors, this half day course is a requirement for anyone with responsibility for RPE.