We are a fit2fit approved training provider, the fit2fit approval scheme requires the course content to be submitted to fit2fit so it can be scrutinised to ensure that what is being delivered is fully compliant with the HSE’s guidance and protocols.
Our Face Fit Train the Tester Courses are:
- Fit2Fit Approved, we are 1 of only 5 companies in the UK to be approved for qualitative & quantitative face fit testing training (August 2020).
- Delivered by experienced instructors who are also Fit2Fit accredited face fit testers.
- A Full Days Training Course, it is not possible to deliver this course properly as a half day course.
- Train you to the highest possible standards.
- Provide you with a PowerPoint presentation, which tells you exactly what to do and what to say during the face fit test (qualitative only).
- Provide you with a resource pack to enable you to run your own face fit testing successfully.
- Provide you with on-going support where required after your training course.
- Comply with Government COVID Secure Guidance (if the training is on your site then suitable facilities will need to be provided).
We offer 2 different types of fit2fit approved face fit train the tester courses, one course covers the Qualitative Face Fit Testing method and the other covers the Quantitative Face Fit Testing (APC method).
Qualitative Face Fit Testing method:
A qualitative face fit test is a simple taste test that can be used to test disposable or reusable half mask respirators only.
The qualitative face fit testing kits are relatively cheap (£135 + VAT) and can be bought from us at the time of booking.
Quantitative Face Fit Testing (APC method):
A quantitative face fit test can be used on all respirator types, full face, reusable half masks and disposables.
The test requires the use of an ambient particle counting device (TSI PortaCount) and these machines cost in the region of £6000 +VAT (we can supply these too).
The content of our course has been judged to include all aspects of the health and safety executive’s face fitting guidance and protocols and is delivered by a fit2fit accredited face fit tester.
Training can be conducted on your site/premises anywhere in the UK for 1 – 4 trainees.
Alternatively, we run open courses where you can book 1 or more places on a public course – see our upcoming events list- all our courses include a resource pack.
Training on your site must be conducted in line with our current guidance.
Due to the coronavirus we have had to make significant changes in how we conduct our face fit testing train the tester course on site at our customers premises, we can only safely train a maximum of 4 people per training course.
Want us to come and do your face fit testing for you?
Why not visit our face fit testing page for more information.
By attending a train the tester course you will be able to conduct face fit testing on others.
Contact us today for a price – all our prices are fully inclusive with no hidden extras.
Enquire now to book, or find out more about our courses below.